Susan G. Komen® Komen Evansville Tri-State is the local source for funding breast cancer detection, support and educational awareness in 28 Counties. Komen Evansville Tri-State is investing more than $350,000 in education, diagnosis, treatment and support programs that serve uninsured or underinsured Evansville Tri-State residents.
2016 Grants Funded
- Dubois-Pike-Warrick Economic Opportunity Committee, Inc.–“TRI-CAP Breast Cancer Program”-$100,000–The purpose of the program is to help with treatment costs, educate and do extensive case management with underserved, underinsured and/or uninsured women and men who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer and are living in the Evansville Tri-State Affiliate area. Contact Lisa at 812-428-2189.
- Mary’s Foundation–“Sharing the Vision: Early Detection of Breast Cancer”-$84,052 – This program provided mammogram screening and diagnostic services, along with information on breast self-awareness to underserved women in Daviess, Gibson, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh and Warrick Counties. Services are available through mobile screenings as well as through St. Mary’s Breast Center. Contact Dawnelle Neighbors at 812-485-5725.
- Owensboro Health Foundation –“Mammograms for Life”-$22,829 – This program will provide screening mammograms and additional diagnostic services, as needed, to low-income women age 35-64 who do not qualify for any other program. Patients in Kentucky may receive services at Breckinridge Diagnostics Center, HealthPark Diagnostics Center, The Springs or Multicare in Madisonville. Contact Lauren Osowicz at 270-688-2350.
- Good Samaritan Hospital–“Illiana Breast Health Awareness”-$56,221 – This project goal is to educate Knox County and surrounding communities on the importance of breast health awareness and to provide financial assistance in obtaining services. The services provided are clinical breast exams, screening and diagnostic mammograms as well as further diagnostic testing as needed. Contact Crystal Beadles at 812-858-3625.
- Deaconess Hospital Foundation–“Deaconess Breast Health Outreach Program”-$78,727 – This program is designed to provide both education and awareness to women about the importance of early detection of breast cancer and the availability of financial assistance to have access to screening and diagnostic services. This will in turn increase early detection and decrease mortality. Contact Robynn Working at 812-424-1200.
- Perry County Memorial Hospital – “Our Turn: A Breast Health Program for Women” – $8,006- This program serves under and uninsured women living and/or working in the rural areas of Perry County and Spencer County in Indiana, and Hancock County in Kentucky. Screening mammograms and educational programs will be provided, as well as diagnostic services. Contact Jon Lin at 812-547-0248.
- Methodist Hospital–“Mammograms for Western Kentucky”-$9,455 – This program will provide screening and diagnostic services to women who reside in Henderson, Union and Webster Counties in Kentucky. Contact Christa Cole-270-831-7931.
Total Granted in 2016 = $353,506
Total Granted since 1999 = $7.8 million