Community Grants

Komen Evansville Tri-State is the local source for funding breast cancer detection, support and educational awareness in Tri-State Area.  Since it was founded in 1998, Komen Evansville Tri-State  has invested more than $8.7 million in local breast health agencies and organizations.

It is estimated that more than 1,000 people in are service area today are living with breast cancer.  The funds Komen Evansville Tri-State grants to community programs in our service area have made a positive difference in the lives of those living with this deadly disease.

Since 1998 thru our local grant, Komen Evansville Tri-State has provided:

  • 27,041 no-cost screening mammograms for medically underserved Tri-State residents
  • 8,929 people with breast cancer diagnostic services
  • 801 breast cancer patients with treatment assistance including transportation services to medical appointments, medical care, prostheses, and case management
  • 299 breast cancers were detected in people who otherwise may not have had access to this life-saving information who are now able to seek treatment

Of each dollar raised by the Evansville Tri-State Affiliate, 75% of net proceeds remain in our 28 county service area to provide services to local women and men. The remaining 25% of net funds are invested in the Susan G. Komen Research Programs managed at the national level. To learn more about Susan G. Komen’s research investment, click here. Since 1998, Komen Evansville Tri-State has invested more than $3.3 million toward research.