2017 Grant Recipients
- Dubois-Pike-Warrick Economic Opportunity Committee, Inc.–“TRI-CAP Breast Cancer Program”-$97,913–The purpose of the program is to help with treatment costs, educate and do extensive case management with underserved, underinsured and/or uninsured women and men who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer and are living in the Evansville Tri-State Affiliate area. Contact 812-428-2189.
- St. Vincent–“Sharing the Vision: Early Detection of Breast Cancer”-$74,439 – This program provided mammogram screening and diagnostic services, along with information on breast self-awareness to underserved women in Daviess, Gibson, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh and Warrick Counties. Services are available through mobile screenings as well as through St. Vincent’s Breast Center. Contact Jacqui Garnett Neighbors at 812-485-4437.
- Deaconess Hospital Foundation–“Deaconess Breast Health Outreach Program”-$50,099 – This program is designed to provide both education and awareness to women about the importance of early detection of breast cancer and the availability of financial assistance to have access to screening and diagnostic services. Services are also provided on their new 3D mobile mammography coach. This will in turn increase early detection and decrease mortality. Contact Robynn Working at 812-424-1200.
- Good Samaritan Hospital–“Illiana Breast Health Awareness”-$39,450 – This project goal is to educate Knox County and surrounding communities on the importance of breast health awareness and to provide financial assistance in obtaining services. The services provided are screening and diagnostic mammograms as well as further diagnostic testing as needed. Contact Crystal Beadles at 812-858-3625.
- Owensboro Health Foundation –“Mammograms for Life”-$36,649 – This program will provide screening mammograms and additional diagnostic services, as needed, to low-income women age 35-64 who do not qualify for any other program. Patients in Kentucky may receive services at Breckinridge Diagnostics Center, HealthPark Diagnostics Center, The Springs or Multicare in Madisonville. Contact 270-688-2350.
- Methodist Hospital–“Mammograms for Western Kentucky”-$6,611 – This program will provide screening and diagnostic services to women who reside in Henderson, Union and Webster Counties in Kentucky. Contact Christa Cole-270-831-7931.
- Perry County Memorial Hospital – “Our Turn: A Breast Health Program for Women” – $2,830- This program serves under and uninsured women living and/or working in the rural areas of Perry County and Spencer County in Indiana, and Hancock County in Kentucky. Screening mammograms and educational programs will be provided, as well as diagnostic services. Contact Caryn Weiss at 812-547-0248.
- Wabash General Hospital – “Continuum of Care: Standing in the Gap for patients needing diagnostic work up” – $3,665 – This project will reach women who are uninsured or whose insurance deductible is unreachable by providing them with free screening mammograms, diagnostic mammograms and ultrasounds. Contact Deb Dilbeck at 618-263-6437.
- TOUCH, Inc. – “TOUCH Breast Cancer Patients” – $20,000.00 – The goal of this program is to provide non-medical financial support for breast cancer patients in Vanderburgh and Warrick Counties in Indiana. Services covered include but are not limited to: housing, groceries, insurance and transportation. Contact Sandy Feltz at 812-454-2826.
- Ferrell Hospital Community Foundation – “Mammograms for Southeastern Illinois” – $1,256 – This project will make screening mammograms available to residents of Gallatin and other surrounding Illinois Counties. It will also provide breast health information and one-on-one education. Contact Donna Rash at 618-297-2612.
- Indiana Women In Need–“Survivor Support Program”-$5,000.00-This program will assist women with professional non-medical services while they are in treatment for breast cancer. Services include but are not limited to: babysitting, house cleaning, groceries and transportation. Counties served by this grant are Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Knox, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh and Warrick in Indiana. Contact Sue Wynne-317-475-0565.
- Gilda’s Club Evansville – This program will assist survivors with transportation and food costs while patients are undergoing treatment.
Total Granted in 2017 = $338,997
Total Granted since 1999 = $7.8 million
Total Donated to the Komen National Breast Cancer Research Program since 1999 = $2.8 million