- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
A direct services program for breast cancer patients in the Tri-State area.
The Komen Cares direct services program helps to alleviate the non-medical financial burden that many breast cancer patients experience as they undergo cancer treatments.
A simple process will help determine if the patient qualifies for the program:
- A completed Komen application for assistance must be submitted by the Patient/Nurse Navigator or the patient.
- Patient must be receiving current treatment.
- Qualified patients will be contacted by a Komen representative in a timely manner to answer any questions and to determine the specific assistance needed. (transportation, grocery, or utility)
- Patients may be responsible for picking up gas and grocery cards at the Komen office.
- Utility payments will be made directly to the utility provider.
- Assistance is limited to $250/month for up to six nonconsecutive months.
For more information or to see if you qualify for this program please call our office at 812-962-2202.